Mechanical Engineering is one of the frontier branches in the engineering profession and its principles are involved in the design, development of nearly all of the physical systems and machineries. Continued research and development have led to cutting edge technology based machines and processes helping the mankind. The present age demands Mechanical Engineers who have the capacity of adaptability and creativity in the emerging technologies. Currently Mechanical Engineering department offers a 4-year Under Graduate Course and 2-year Post Graduate Course in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing. The Department has maintained a linkage with Industry and R&D Organizations like ISRO, IPR, L&T, International Automobile Centre of Excellence, SIEMENS etc. The Department has students’ chapters of ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education), SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers).
- Department of Mechanical Engineering focuses on comprehensive course curriculum with intense practical exposure to students which will enable them to take up challenging roles in professional careers.
- To provide the highest level of education in Science and Technology to produce competent, creative and imaginative engineers.
- To make a significant contribution towards the development of skilled technical manpower.
- To create an intellectual reservoir to meet the growing demands of the nation.
- To apply their engineering knowledge, critical thinking and problem solving skills in professional engineering practice.
Embrace leadership roles in their careers.
· Design & Development
· Aerospace Engineer and Automotive Sector.
· CAD Technician.
· Boiler Inspector, Welding Inspector
· Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Engineer
· Control and Instrumentation Engineer.
· Maintenance Engineer.
· Power Plant Engineer.
· Robotics Engineering
· Petrochemical Industry Entrepreneurship