Information Technology department has over 17 years history of academic excellence. Currently the department offers a 4 year course, B.Tech. in Information Technology with 120 intake. Software engineers, programmers, project managers, designers, consultants etc. are few of the opportunities available to our IT graduates. The Department contemplates on conveying the state of art education to its students. The Department offers undergraduate program with more emphasis on Mobile Ad Hoc Network, Information Security, Wireless Sensor Networks, Compression Methodologies and many emerging technologies. Department of Information Technology has affiliation with many good organizations and offers industry-need based education and enables the students to be industry and placement ready. Making the students think in both, abstract and concrete terms, with qualified faculty members, infrastructure and curriculum; the department has always put best efforts in producing good IT professionals. The graduates of the department have excelled in their field and served the organizations with a better record.
- To prepare students to gain employment as an IT professional.
- To prepare students to function effectively as individuals and team members in the workplace, growing into highly technical or project management and leadership roles.
- To prepare students to continue their formal education and be accepted to relevant post- graduate degree programs and succeed in these studies.
- To prepare students to Working professionals with social and ethical responsibilities.
- Computer support specialists work on the front lines troubleshooting any technology issues including software issues, computer crashes and hardware trouble.
- Network systems administrators focus on the big picture of the network system, security and performance.
- Computer systems analysts usually specialize in a particular industry while working for a technology firm or work directly in an industry, like finance or government.
- Information security analysts are responsible for the security of an organization’s computer networks, conducting tests and developing company-wide best security practices.